Thursday, October 6, 2011

Alicante, el mejor ciudad en España

Each day I am in Alicante, I love it more and more. My host family could not be more perfect and I have started to get into the swing of things school wise. It is all falling into place. Almost everyday I see something new I want to do or try or somehwere I want to eat or visit, or shop at! Because we live in the center of the city, and everything we need is close, we don´t have a car. Walking everywhere has been and will continue to be a gift. I have seen and heard so much more by walking than I would have in a car.
Today there is a huelga, I have yet to get a firm deffinition of the word, but basically it is a rally at the city center. Apparently it is a big deal because out of 25 kids in my class at school, only 3 showed up (1 of them was me). Hm. So I spent about two hours in school and then went back home. When I got home it was 10:30, I decided to go for a run. It was 10:30 am and the only people on the beach were over the age of 75. People were just beginning to start their days, but the city is quiet until about 6. At 6 shops open back up after siesta and tapas places and bars line the streets with chairs and tables. You will find the most people on the street in Alicante at about 8:30 pm. It is so different than Portland, where at 9 pm you´re either in your house watching a movie or asleep already!
Unfortunately I do not have much to say in this blog post, my computer broke so I have been un able to upload photos for some really interesting posts. More to come! Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment