Monday, September 26, 2011

What I have learned, or rather, have yet to learn in school

I am taking seven classes in Spain. I understand two of them. English, which I am only required to go to twice out of the four times a week and math, because well, numbers are numbers. Today in philosophy the class was learning something about Plato. I say the class and not me because I wasn't learning anything. I only understood one out of every seven words. Our teacher was telling us something about Physis -- I burst out laughing. Everyone looked at me. With a spanish accent the word "physis" is pronounced "feces."
It is safe to say since I was younger I have been a somewhat fan of poop humor. A little immature probably, but we all have our faults. 
The teacher did not see what was funny, nor did the class. I assume my face would have turned bright red, but it probably was already the shade of a sun ripened tomato considering it was 85 degrees, sunny, and our school has no air conditioning. The teacher said something to me in rapid spanish; I nodded, concluding that she was probably chastising me, she continued on with the her lesson about "feces." 

No comments:

Post a Comment